Beta InformationThis article discusses a beta release of a Microsoft product. The information in this article is provided as-is and is subject to change without notice.
No formal product support is available from Microsoft for this beta product. For information about how to obtain support for a beta release, see the documentation that is included with the beta product files, or check the Web location where you downloaded the release.
Consider the following scenario. You have a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 and that has a wireless network adapter installed. The Wireless LAN Service feature is not installed. In this scenario, you may experience the following symptoms:
- In the Network Connections configuration dialog box, the status of the wireless network connection is "disabled." If you right-click the wireless network connection icon and then click Enable, the Wireless Network Connection dialog box appears and indicates that the connection has been enabled. However, in the Network Connections dialog box, the wireless network connection still appears to be disabled.
Note In Device Manager, the status of the wireless adapter driver is "enabled."
- In the Network Connections dialog box, you right-click the wireless network connection icon and then click Diagnose. When you do this, you receive the following message:Note This message does not indicate the actual cause of the issue. In Device Manager, you can see that the wireless adapter runs correctly. Additionally, if you view the properties of the network adapter, you see that all the protocols are correctly bound to the network adapter.
This issue occurs because the Wireless LAN Service feature is not installed.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type server manager in the Start Search box, and then click Server Manager in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
- In Server Manager, click Features.
- In the Features pane, click Add Features.
- In the Add Features Wizard, click Wireless LAN Service, and then click Next.
- Click Install.
- After the installation process is complete, click Close.
For more information about Windows Server 2008, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 947307 - Last Review: February 6, 2008 - Revision: 1.1
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
|kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbprb KB947307|