Consider the following scenario:
- You are running Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003.
- Your installation of Operation Manager 2007 uses Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services for reporting functionality.
- You upgrade the system from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008.
- You try to access the Reporting Services virtual directory (http://localhost/reportserver).
In this scenario, you receive an HTTP Error 403 page.Note
This problem occurs only on an upgrade installation of Windows Server 2008. It does not occur on a clean installation of Windows Server 2008.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Click the ReportServer virtual directory.
Note If you specified a different name for this virtual directory installation or configuration, click the appropriate virtual directory.
- In the Features view of the ReportServer virtual directory, click Handler Mappings.
- In the mappings list, right-click the first item under Enabled, and then click Edit Feature Permissions.
- Click to select the Script check box, and then click OK.
- Restart the Reporting Services service.
Article ID: 975439 - Last Review: September 21, 2009 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
|kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB975439|