If your laptop computer switches to Hibernate or Standby mode under the following circumstances, the screen may change to a low (640 X 480) resolution setting:
- The screen resolution is set to 1024 X 768 or 800 X 600 resolution.
- The 3D Maze screen saver is configured to run in Full Screen mode after one minute of inactivity.
- In the Power Options tool in Control Panel, the Critical Battery Alarm setting is set to a value that is less than the current battery level. The Alarm Action option is set to When the alarm goes off, the computer will 'Hibernate' or 'Standby'.
- You leave the computer running on battery power and the screen saver is activated.
To work around this issue, use any of the following methods:
- Do not use the 3D Maze screen saver in Full Screen mode.
- Use the When the alarm goes off, the computer will 'Hibernate' or 'Standby' value for the Low Batter Alarm setting instead of the Critical Battery Alarm setting.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 272554 - Last Review: October 21, 2013 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbdisplay kbenv kbprb KB272554|