This article describes how to edit multiple mailbox properties by using directory export and directory import, without opening individual mailbox properties.
To begin the bulk edit process:
- Click Start, point to Programs, click Microsoft Exchange, and then click Microsoft Exchange Administrator.
- In the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator program, click Directory Export on the Tools menu.
- In Directory Export, select an export file name.
- Select the container and if necessary, the subcontainers, in which the mailboxes are located (the Recipients container).
- Select the export object.
- Leave the Logging Level (Low) and Character Set (ANSI) at their default settings.
- If you have hidden mailboxes, click to select the Include Hidden Objects check box, and then click Export.
- When the export is finished, open the file_name.csv file that you created in an appropriate program (Microsoft Excel, for example) and edit the values that you want to change. Save the modified .csv file.
: Microsoft recommends that you save a copy of the file_name
.csv file to a safe location before you begin to edit the file.
To import your changes:
- In the Administrator program, click Directory Import on the Tools menu to import the file_name.csv file.
- Leave the settings at the default settings.
- Click Import File, and then select the appropriate file_name.csv file.
- When the import is finished, the changes are made.
For additional information about bulk directory import or directory export in Microsoft Exchange Server, click the article number below
to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
XADM: Bulk Import/Export FAQ
Article ID: 261112 - Last Review: October 20, 2013 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB261112|