Update Rollup 14 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in this update rollup. This rollup is available for all languages that are supported by Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.Note
For previous supportability and functionality introductions, see the individual Update Rollup articles that are listed at Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 updates and hotfixes
Note: The DisableMapiCaching and AddressBookMaterializedViewsEnabled registry keys are no longer valid after Update Rollup 14. These values will need to be changed using the OrgDbOrgSettings Tool. Please see the link below:OrgDBOrgSettings Tool for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Build number and file names for this update rollup
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Rollup package||Build number||File name (32-bit versions)||File name (64-bit versions)|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server||5.0. 9690.3557||Not applicable||CRM2011-Server-KB2849744-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for Microsoft Office Outlook||5.0. 9690.3557||CRM2011-Client-KB2849744-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2011-Client-KB2849744-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 E-mail Router||5.0. 9690.3557||CRM2011-Router-KB2849744-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2011-Router-KB2849744-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Language Pack||5.0. 9690.3557||CRM2011-Mui-KB2849744-LangID-i386.exe||CRM2011-Mui-KB2849744-LangID-amd64.exe|
|Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions||5.0. 9690.3557||Not applicable||CRM2011-Srs-KB2849744-LangID-amd64.exe|
Update rollup information
Update Rollup 14 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is now available for on-premises customers.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 2849744 package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
You cannot import a database that was created by using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6 or a later version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 into a deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 5 or an earlier version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
Windows Update installation
Use Windows Update to automatically install Update Rollup 14 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. This update rollup will be available on Windows Updates in July 2013.
You can configure Windows to automatically install recommended updates. This setting addresses noncritical problems and helps improve your computing experience. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically when you use this setting.
To learn more about the settings for installing Windows updates, go to the following Microsoft websites:
To install Update Rollup 14 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 by using Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type Update in the Start Search box.
- In the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the navigation pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows checks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you receive a message that states that important updates are available or that prompts you to review important updates, select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK. Click any update for more information.
- Click Install updates.
- Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish (if the update requires this action). If you are prompted to enter an administrator password, type the password. Confirm that you accept the terms if you are prompted to do this.
To manually install Update Rollup 14 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, follow these steps.
- Go to the following Microsoft Update Catalog website:
- In the Search box, type 2849744, and then click Search.
- Click Add to add the update to the basket.
- Click Download.
- Click Browse, specify the folder to which you want to download the update, and then click OK.
- Click Continue, and then click I Accept to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- When the update is downloaded to the location that you specified, click Close.
For more information about the Microsoft Update Catalog, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to download updates that include drivers and hotfixes from the Windows Update Catalog
Additional installation information
- After you install this update rollup, exit any existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM sessions, and then start a new Microsoft Dynamics CRM session.
- When you deprovision a language pack, the language settings of all Microsoft Dynamics CRM users who are using that language will revert to the default language settings. The reprovisioning process does not update the language settings of users. Therefore, users must reset their language settings in the personal options section when they log on to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
You must have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 6 (build 5.0.9690.1992) or a later version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 installed to apply this update rollup. For more information about Update Rollup 6, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is available
For information about compatibility, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Compatibility List
If you are prompted to restart the computer, do this after you apply the update rollup.
You can uninstall Update Rollup 14 from a server that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM. However, back up your databases before you uninstall Update Rollup 14. For more information, go to the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) websites:Note
If you apply Update Rollup 10v2 in addition to Update Rollup 10v1, and then you remove Update Rollup 10v2, reconfigure the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for the Outlook client.
Issues that are resolved in Update Rollup 14 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Update Rollup 14 resolves the following issues:
- Better performance around User and Team caching. For example, a user is a member of 15,000 teams. You login as this user and it takes a long time to cache all the data. If you login as another user, you see the same problem due to clearing the cache.
- "Show Selected Views" does not work in CRM Dashboard.
- Description field in activity views shows HTML style information.
- Description field and notes are not displayed correctly during Print Preview after Update Rollup 12.
- When you perform a Quick Find search in Outlook, the columns shown in the view are the intersection of the columns from the previous view that was shown in Outlook and the Quick Find view definition. This differs from what you see when you do a search in the web client. After the search is run, no columns are displayed because the specific column is not included in the Quick Find view.
- WRPC token is missing when you use SharePoint Integration.
- Adding a mail template in CRM after Update Rollup 12 causes errors.
- Rich Text Editor errors occur when you paste content during creation of mail merge templates in CRM 2011 online.
- My Team Members' Activities view displays incorrect results through CRM for Outlook client.
- AddressBookMaterializedViewsEnabled triggers a crash if entity does not have an email address.
- Outlook folders are filtered only per the user’s security, and does not take into account the security of the team the user is a part of.
- SQL CE connections in 32-bit versions of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook are not being released.
- Memory errors in 32-bit CRM for Outlook when you go offline.
- Templates are applied to distributed campaign email messages despite being deselected.
- Formatting exceptions occur during data import.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions Data connector platform traces are not written when SSRS is on a separate computer from CRM.
- Double quotation marks are changed to single quotation marks in KB articles.
- When OverrideTrackInCrmBehaviour is enabled, you can't untrack email in CRM Outlook Client.
- "Show only my records" in lookup dialog box doesn't always show just my records.
- When you click View existing record in CRM in the Outlook client, nothing happens.
- Errors occur when you send direct email in CRM outlook client while you're offline.
- Sum of currency type field displays an incorrect currency symbol.
- Outlook Quick Find displays Filter Criteria incorrectly after Update Rollup 12 is installed.
- User can publish articles without the Publish article permission.
- Email router stops processing email messages after it encounters a message that does not have a From field value.
- Printer prompts for 8.3" x 11" paper when you print a report that was created in the report wizard.
- Deleting entity triggers System.Array.Copy throws ArrayTypeMismatchException.
- Base64 attributes are returned as MemoAttributeMetadata instead of as StringAttributeMetadata.
- Excel sheet name isn't shown correctly on Update Rollup 12 when Advanced Find results are exported to Excel.
- Microsoft CRM ribbon disappears in Outlook 2007 clients.
- Process with condition on email recipient fails if recipient is unresolved.
- Tasks tab is blank in the Synchronizing dialog box when you go offline.
- Updating individual occurrences of a Recurrence Meeting breaks recurrence.
- Outlook client crashes when you try to add email activity to order from outlook client.
- "Error in LoadSiteWideSettings" error when you start Deployment Manager. .
Hotfixes and updates that you must enable or configure manually
Update Rollup 14 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM has no hotfixes or updates that you must enable or configure manually.
Update Rollup 13 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM has no hotfixes or updates that you must enable or configure manually.
Update Rollup 12 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually: Sync the private property from Outlook appointments to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with Update Rollup 13
Update Rollup 11 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 fixes an issue. You must manually resolve this issue after you install Update Rollup 11 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Rule Deployment Wizard does not work in an Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 mixed environment
Update Rollup 10 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 has no hotfixes or updates that you must enable or configure manually.
Update Rollup 8 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually:
You experience poor performance when you use Find Available Times in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains no hotfixes or updates that you must enable or configure manually.
Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually:
How to control PrincipalObjectAccess table growth in CRM 2011
To clean up the PrincipalObjectAccess table after you install Update Rollup 6, follow the steps in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Slow performance when pinning views in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Update Rollup 5 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains no hotfixes or updates that you must configure manually.
Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains no hotfixes or updates that you must configure manually.
Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains no hotfixes or updates that you must configure manually.
Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains the following update that you must enable or configure manually:
You experience slow performance when you perform RetrieveMultiple queries on large datasets in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains no hotfixes or updates that you must configure manually.
Hotfixes and updates that were released as individual fixes
The following issues were fixed by using critical on-demand (COD) fixes:
- When you add recipients to an activity record, the record is unexpectedly shared to all the recipients.
- When you create a telephone call, the From value is not updated by a pre-operation plug-in.
- A stack overflow occurs at the zero line in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client.
- When you import text data, a "SecLib::CheckPrivilege" error occurs.
- Replies and forwards of a tracked email message are tracked unexpectedly in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Assume that you run the Set Regarding function on an item in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client. After you cancel the Set Regarding wizard, the item is tracked unexpectedly.
- After you import a managed solution in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, labels on the form for the solution display incorrect information.
- Assume that a data import operation fails for some records in a nondefault organization. When you try to export the failure history, you receive an error message that states that the record is unavailable.
- The web service definition language (WSDL) information for the Organization.svc file is unexpectedly returned with secure sockets layer (SSL) offloading.
- When you change properties in a "send email" or "create email" step in a workflow, an exception error occurs.
- A "Should never reach this point" exception error occurs during the BackgroundSendEmail process.
- After you propose a new time for a recurring appointment, the recurring appointment is converted to a nonrecurring appointment.
- When events in a Wait Until condition are met, the condition is not triggered.
- When you start to track a contact that was tracked previously in Outlook, a Duplicate Record dialog box appears.
- The Zarafa add-in for Outlook does not work in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.