When you run repair on your Microsoft Office XP
installation, you may receive the following error message:
Error 1904. Setup cannot register module C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Office10\1033\Msrclr40.dll. If you click Cancel
or Ignore, run Setup again and reinstall or repair your Office installation. If
problem perists, contact Microsoft Product Suport Services (PSS) for
assistance. For information about how to contact PSS, see C:\Program
When you click Ignore
, you receive the following error messages:
Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source: MS Access Database. ODBC error
0: Verify that the file MS Access Database exists and that you can access it.
Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data
source: Excel Files. ODBC error 0: Verify that the file Excel Files exists and
that you can access it.
Error 1919. Error
configuring ODBC data source: Visual Foxpro Database. ODBC error 0: Verify that
the file Visual Foxpro Database exists and that you can access it.
Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data
source: Visual Foxpro Tables. ODBC error 0: Verify that the file Visual Foxpro
Tables exists and that you can access it.
Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source: dBASE Files. ODBC error 0:
Verify that the file dBASE Files exists and that you can access it.
This problem can occur when you run the Office 97 File and
Registry Eraser Utility (Eraser97), version 3.0 or earlier, and then do either
of the following:
- You run the Microsoft Office XP Setup program in
Maintenance Mode and choose Repair Office. -or-
- You click Detect and Repair on the Help menu of any Office program.
In this situation, the file Asycfilt.dll is removed by the
Eraser97 program and is not repaired by either the Office installation or the
System Files Update installation.
To verify your specific version of the Office 97 File and
Registry Eraser Utility, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click For Files or Folders.
- In the Search for files or folders named
box, type Eraser97.exe and then click Search Now.
- Right-click Eraser97.exe. Click Properties on the shortcut menu, and then click the Version tab.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Insert your Microsoft Office XP CD-ROM in your computer's
CD-ROM drive. Hold the SHIFT key to stop the Setup program from automatically
starting, or click Cancel when the Setup program runs.
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
NOTE: In Microsoft Windows NT, point to Programs, point to the Accessories folder, and then click Windows Explorer.
- Open your CD-ROM drive and navigate to the following
- Double-click Oainst.exe.NOTE: The preceding steps install the OLE automation update, which
includes the file Asycfilt.dll. The following steps ensure that all your system
files are updated.
- In Windows Explorer, open Control Panel under My Computer, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Double-click the System Files Update entry in the Add/Remove Program Properties dialog box.NOTE: If the System Files Update has been uninstalled or is not listed
in the Add/Remove Program Properties dialog box, you must install the System Files Update before you
continue with these steps. To install the System Files Update, follow these
- Open the \Files\OSP\1033 folder from the root of the
Office source files location.
- Right-click OSP.msi, and then click Install.
- When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes. After the System Files Update is installed, go back to step 5
- In the Maintenance Mode Options dialog box, click Repair System Files Update, and then click Next.
- In the Reinstall or Repair System Files Update
installation dialog box, click Reinstall System Files
Update, and then click Install.
- When the repair of the System Files Update finishes, repair
your Office installation by using either the Repair Office button in Maintenance Mode Setup or Detect and Repair on the Help menu in any Office program.
This problem was corrected in Office 97 File and
Registry Eraser Utility version 4.0.
additional information, click the article number below to view the article in
the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFFXP: Error 25510, Asycfilt.dll Missing When You Run Office Setup
: Eraser does not run on operating systems later than Microsoft
For more articles about troubleshooting Setup issues with
Article ID: 299066 - Last Review: December 4, 2007 - Revision: 5.2
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
- Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition for Students and Teachers
- Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition
- Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
|kbtshoot kbsetup kberrmsg KB299066|