Important notes before you submit your report
- To isolate and to fix a problem, Microsoft requires a reproducible test case or the exact steps to reproduce the failure. If the problem is not 100% reproducible from the steps and sample code that you list, include that information in your report.
- We will consider all reproducible bug reports and will work on documenting them in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. However, we cannot guarantee that any one problem will be resolved in any specific version of Microsoft Visual Studio.
- We regret that we cannot respond personally to reports that we receive through this page.
- If the problem that you are reporting requires direct one-on-one support from Microsoft, or if you require a response or resolution, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Developer Support Web page for information about how to obtain technical support:
If you want to submit a documentation bug or suggestion, click the "Send feedback on this topic to Microsoft" link in the appropriate help topic in the Microsoft Visual FoxPro help viewer.
All topics in the Visual FoxPro documentation contain such a link. This submission method will send your bug report or suggestion directly to our documentation team.
Bug report information
Include the following information in the report that you submit:
- Product version information such as 7.0, 7.0 SP1, 8.0, 8.0 SP1, or 9.0.
- How consistently the problem reproduces. For example, does it reproduce always, sometimes, or just one time.
- Details about the hardware and software. For example, include the operating system version, the processor, RAM, and how much free disk space is available.
- Other development tools or development environments on your computer including Visual Studio 6.0 or Visual Studio .NET.
- Relevant details to reproduce the problem including code and steps.
When you have the information ready, click here
(mailto:email@example.com?subject=Visual FoxPro Bug Report&body=This is a Visual FoxPro bug about%0d%0aFoxPro Version (pick one): 7.0/7.0 SP1/8.0/8.0 SP1/9.0%0d%0aReproduces (pick one): always/sometimes/once%0d%0aHardware and Software Details:%0d%0a%0d%0aOther Development Environments? yes/no%0d%0aIf yes which?%0d%0a%0d%0aSteps to Reproduce:%0d%0a%2a%2a Please list steps to reproduce. For example:%0d%0a%2a%2a (1) Open VFP%0d%0a%2a%2a (2) Run the following code.%0d%0a%2a%2a (3) Click the button%0d%0a%2a%2a Whenever possible, please include code that will reproduce the issue.%0d%0a%0d%0aObserved Behavior:%0d%0a%2a%2aWhat you see%0d%0a%0d%0aExpected Behavior:%0d%0a%2a%2aWhat you expect to see%0d%0a%0d%0aAdditional Information:%0d%0a%2a%2aAny additional notes (%22Also happens in VB6, VFP6 and VFP7%22 for instance)%0d%0a)
to submit your bug report.
We are very interested in what you think about Visual FoxPro. To submit non-bug feedback, click here
(mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Visual FoxPro Feedback&body=This is a Visual FoxPro feedback about%0d%0aFoxPro Version (pick one): 7.0/7.0 SP1/8.0/8.0 SP1/9.0%0d%0aFeedback:%0d%0a)
Article ID: 867477 - Last Review: February 1, 2005 - Revision: 2.4
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 7.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0 Professional Edition