When you try to upgrade AVIcode SE-Viewer from version 5.0 to 5.7, you receive the following message:Can not upgrade currently installed version of AVIcode
Intercept SEViewer. Please uninstall the product before
running this setup.
AVIcode Intercept Studio 5.7 does not support direct upgrade from SE-Viewer 5.0 because of differences in how the two versions configure IIS.
To work around this limitation, uninstall SE-Viewer 5.0, manually remove the IIS components and install SE-Viewer 5.7. After the installation, you can run the SE-Viewer Configuration Utility to upgrade the existing database. Please see More Information for detailed steps.
Use the following steps to migrate from SE-Viewer 5.0 to 5.7:
- Create a backup of the SE-Viewer database.
- Start the SE-Viewer Configuration utility and take note of the SQL server name, SE-Viewer database name and SQL login name.
- Use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to uninstall SE-Viewer 5.0.
- Open IIS Manager and find the web site that contains the SEViewer and SELog virtual directories.
- Open the properties of the web site and take note of the TCP port it uses. This setting is on the Web Site tab.
- Also in IIS Manager, open the properties of the Intercept application pool and take note of the account it uses. This setting is on the Identity tab.
- Delete the SE-Viewer web site and Intercept application pool.
- Install SE-Viewer 5.7.
- Start the SE-Viewer Configuration Utility.
- Enter the names of the existing SQL server and SE-Viewer database.
- If you are using SQL authentication, enter the SQL login name for SE-Viewer.
- Click Test.
- When prompted, click Yes to upgrade the database.
- In the SE-Viewer Database Configuration dialog, enter the credentials of a SQL sysadmin account and click Connect. If the current user is a sysadmin, you can click "Use Windows NT Integrated security" instead of entering credentials manually.
- Click Execute to run the Upgrade Database action.
- When the database upgrade is complete, click Close.
- Click Apply to apply the configuration.
- If you were using a custom TCP port or application pool account on the old SE-Viewer, change the settings in IIS to match the previous configuration.
- If the application pool account is a user account, make sure this account has Read and Read & Execute permission on the SE-Viewer installation folder and all subfolders, as well as Full permission on the <installationDir>\Database folder and all subfolders.
- Finally, open the SE-Viewer web page to confirm it works. Check the Intercept event log for errors.
for other considerations.
Article ID: 2519822 - Last Review: March 10, 2011 - Revision: 2.0