When you run Setup for the Microsoft Windows Multilingual
User Interface (MUI) Pack on a Windows Server 2003-based computer, you may
receive a fusion error message that prevents Setup from
This issue may occur if all the following conditions exist:
- You perform a new installation of Windows Server 2003, you
do not upgrade your computer to Windows Server 2003 from an earlier version of
- Windows Server 2003 is installed to a partition on the hard
disk where a previous operating system was installed.
- You did not reformat the partition before you install
Windows Server 2003 on it.
To work around this issue, format the partition before you
run Windows Server 2003 Setup and perform the new installation, or delete the
MUI Fusion folder before you run MUI Setup:
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Locate the following folder, where
Drive is the drive where Windows Server 2003 is
installed, Language is the language version that is
installed on your computer, and xxxxxxxx is a string
of alphanumeric characters that is specific to the language version that is
installed on your computer:
- Right-click the
folder, and then click Delete.
- Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm
For more information about multilingual features of the
Windows Server 2003 family, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 815271 - Last Review: February 28, 2007 - Revision: 3.3
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)