PowerPoint does not include a half-circle drawing tool. This article
discusses how you can create a half-circle shape by ungrouping a Graph.
To create a half circle shape in PowerPoint, follow these steps:
- On the Insert menu, click Chart.
- On the Format menu, click AutoFormat. Click Pie, and then click
option 1. This should be a 2-D pie chart.
- On the View menu, click Datasheet.
- Clear all cells, except for A1 and B1. In each of those cells type the
- Exit Microsoft Graph.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Insert a new blank slide, and then click Paste Special on the Edit menu.
Click Picture, and then click OK.
- On the Draw menu, click Ungroup. You see this message:
This is an imported object, not a group. Converting it to a
PowerPoint drawing will discard embedded data or linking
information. Convert to PowerPoint drawing?
You now have 2 half circles on the slide. Choose the half circle you want
and copy it to the appropriate slide.
Article ID: 155781 - Last Review: August 17, 2005 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft PowerPoint 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 4.0 Standard Edition
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.