This article describes how to link a web page to a particular worksheet in an Excel workbook.
Create a Link to a Specific Worksheet
When you create a link to an Excel workbook, it will open to the last worksheet that was viewed. To create a link to a specific worksheet follow these steps:
- Open the workbook to the worksheet you want to link to. Select cell A1.
- On the Insert menu, point to Name, and click Define.
- Type a name that contains only letters and numbers. Click OK.
- Save the workbook into the FrontPage web by clicking Save on the File menu.
- Open a FrontPage web in Page view, and select the text or image you want to hyperlink from.
- Click Hyperlink from the Insert menu. Choose the Excel workbook created earlier from the list of files.
- In the URL line, put your cursor after (workbook).xls and type #(name) where (name) represents the name you defined in step two.
For example, if the workbook you created was entitled 'Workbook' and the Name you defined in step two was 'worksheet', the URL line would read:
- Click OK. Click Save from the File menu.Note: Additional links can be created in a single worksheet. Repeat the previous steps replacing cell A1 in step 2 with the cell you would like to link to.
Article ID: 229808 - Last Review: October 27, 2002 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
|kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB229808|