This article contains a list of the minimum system
requirements for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for
The minimum system requirements for Microsoft Combat Flight
Simulator 3: Battle for Europe are:
- One of the following operating systems:
Note Microsoft Windows 95 and Microsoft Windows NT are not
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me)
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Multimedia computer with a Pentium 400 megahertz
- 64 megabytes (MB) of RAM; 128 MB of RAM for Windows
- Approximately 900 MB of available hard-disk space, plus an
additional 100 MB for a swap (paging) file
- 16 MB 3D video card that is compatible with DirectX 8.0a or
later is required; 32 MB video card that is compatible with DirectX 8.0a or
a later version is recommended.
- Super VGA (SVGA) 16-bit color monitor that supports a
resolution of 800 × 600 dots per inch (dpi) or higher.
- DirectX 8.0-compatible sound card with speakers or
- 4x CD-ROM.
- Microsoft Mouse or other compatible pointing
- Joystick or flight yoke is recommended.
The following hardware is optional:
- A 56-kilobits-per-second (kbps) modem for multiplayer games
with one to four players.
- Broadband or local area network (LAN) for multiplayer games
with five or more players.
Supported video hardware
Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe requires access to a minimum of 16 MB of memory for video display. Additionally, Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe must pass a system check when you start the game. If Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe does not pass the system check, you receive the following error message:
Your video hardware is unsupported or does not meet the minimum requirements.CFS3 cannot run with this configuration.
When video hardware is classified as "supported", Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe is expected to work with that hardware. If you experience an issue with Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe, contact Microsoft Help and Support. See the "Unsupported video hardware" section for details about the hardware that is not supported.
Unsupported video hardware
The following is a list of video hardware that was known to be unsupported at the time that Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe was released.
- Voodoo 1
- Voodoo 2
- Rush (Alliance)
- Rush (Macronix)
- 3D Labs
- GLiNT 300SX
- GLiNT 500TX
- GLiNT MX
- Permedia 2
- GLiNT G1
- Permedia 3
- Oxygen Series R3
- Permedia 4
- Oxygen Series R4
- Oxygen Series Gamma2
- Trio 64
- Trio 64 Plus
- Aurora 128
- Trio 64 DX
- Trio 3D
- Virge DXGX
- Virge GX2
- Virge MX
- Virge MXC
- Millennium II
- G100 PCI
- G100 AGP
- G200 PCI
- G200 AGP
- Riva 128
- NV 1
- NV 2
- Riva 128
- Riva 128 ZX
Article ID: 810896 - Last Review: March 20, 2013 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe