This article describes how to take off in a sailplane in the
products that are listed in the "Applies To" section.
Because a sailplane does not have an engine to provide power
for takeoff, you must use one of the following methods to start your flight:
Method 1: Use slew mode
- Start Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- When you are in the cockpit, press Y to start slew
- Use the slew commands to change the position, the
direction, the location, or the altitude of the aircraft.
The F3 key
will slew the aircraft straight up.
- Press Y to turn off slew mode.
Method 2: Start your flight in a powered aircraft
- Start Flight Simulator.
- When you are in the cockpit, on the
Aircraft menu, click Select Aircraft. Verify
that your aircraft has an engine to provide power for takeoff.
Note You may have to press ALT to display the File
- Start your flight, and then climb to altitude.
- On the Aircraft menu, click Select
- Under Aircraft manufacturer, click
- Under Aircraft model, verify that
2-32 Sailplane is selected, and then click
Article ID: 837883 - Last Review: September 28, 2011 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Standard
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: Century of Flight
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Professional Edition
|dftsdahomeportal kbui kbhowto KB837883|