When you try to use Computer Associates BrightStor ARCServe Backup 9.0 Manager to back up a Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)-based computer from a remote computer, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:
This issue occurs if the Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer has Windows Firewall turned on.
To resolve this issue, configure an exception in Windows Firewall. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type Firewall.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Click the Exceptions tab, and then click Add Program.
- Click Browse, locate and then click the Casdscsvc.exe file on your hard disk, and then click Open.
- Click Browse, locate and then click the Univagent.exe file on your hard disk, click Open, and then click OK.
- Click the Exceptions tab, click to select the Casdscsvc.exe check box, click to select the Univagent.exe check box, and then click OK.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 873165 - Last Review: January 10, 2015 - Revision: 6.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbconnectivity kbnetwork kbappcompatibility kb3rdparty kbbackup kbtshoot kbprb KB873165|