When you print a batch edit list or post a batch in General Ledger in Microsoft Dynamics GP, you receive the following error message:
The stored procedure
glpBatchCleanup returned the following results: DBMS 0, Great Plains
This problem may occur if the SY00500 - Posting Definitions Master table is damaged. To resolve this problem, see
The stored procedure for glpBatchCleanup may be corrupted. To re-create the stored procedures, see Resolution
Third-party products may be altering the stored procedures incorrectly. For information about how to disable third-party products, see Resolution 3
To resolve this problem, re-create the SY00500 - Posting
Definitions Master table. To re-create this table, use one of the following
If the SY00500 table contains a trigger, the trigger must be
re-created after you follow these steps.
Method 1: Use SQL Maintenance
- Make a full backup of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- From the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Maintenance, and then click SQL.
- Click the company database that is receiving the
- In the Table list, click Posting
- On the right side of the window, click to select every
check box, and then click Process.
Yes when you receive the following message:
This procedure re-creates the SY00500 - Posting Definitions Master table. However, you will temporarily lose all unposted batches. To retrieve these unposted batches, run the Check Links program on the sub modules. Then, reconcile the batches for General Ledger. However, this sets any batches that are set to Recurring
. You must change these batches back to
To retrieve the batches, follow these
If you use the Multicurrency
option in Payables Management in Microsoft Dynamics GP, run the Check Links
program on the Payables Transaction History Logical file before you run the
Check Links program on the Payables Transaction Logical file.
- To run the Check Links program on the following files,
from the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, click Maintenance, click
Check Links, click one of the following series names, and then
type the corresponding file name. Follow this step for the following files:
- Series name: Payables Management
File name: Purchasing Series - Payables Transaction Logical
- Series name: Purchase Order Processing
File name: Purchasing Series - Purchasing Transaction Logical
- Series name: Receivables Management
File name: Sales Series - Receivables Open Transaction
- Series name: Invoicing
File name: Sales Series - Invoice Work File
- Series name: Sales Order Processing
File name: Sales - Sales Work File
- Series name: Inventory
File name: Inventory - Inventory Transaction Work file
- Series name: Bill of Materials
File name: Inventory - Inventory - Bill of Materials Transactions file
- If you use Project Accounting with Microsoft Dynamics GP, you must also run Check Links on the following files. To run
Check Links on the following files, on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Maintenance, click PA Check Links, click Insert, and then
click one of the following table names. Follow this step for the following
- Timesheet Batches – PA Timesheet Transactions
- Miscellaneous Log Batches – PA Miscellaneous Log Transactions
- Equipment Log Batches - PA Equipment Log Transactions
- Inventory Transfer Batches - PA Inventory Transfer Transactions
- Receivings Batches – PA Purchasing Transactions
- Revenue Recognition Batches – PA Revenue Recog Transactions
- Employee Expense Batches – PA Employee Expense Transactions
- Billing Batches – PA Billing Transactions
- If any batches exist in Microsoft Great Plains General Ledger, on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Tools,
point to Utilities, point to Financial, and then click Reconcile.
Click to select the Batches check box, and then click Reconcile to
reconcile your batches.
Method 2: Use the free toolkit from Professional Services Tools Library
- Make a full backup of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Have all users log off from the system.
- Install the Professional Services Tools Library (PSTL). To
do this, visit the following CustomerSource website:Note This download is located under Downloads and Updates, Service Packs & Product Releases, Professional Services Tools Library (PSTL) for Microsoft Dynamics (North America Only). Installation instructions are included with the
- After you install the PSTL, start Microsoft Dynamics GP.
When you are prompted to include new code, click Yes.
- Log on to Microsoft Dynamics GP as the system
- To add Professional Services Tools Library to the shortcut bar, in your Home series, click Add, click Other
Window, expand Technical Service Tools, expand
Project, click Professional Tools Library,
click Add, and then click Done.
- On the Home series shortcut bar, click Professional Service
Tools. Wait for the SQL objects build. When you are prompted to enter
registration keys, click Cancel. You do not have to have registration
keys to use this tool.
- Click Toolkit, and then click
- Under Toolkit Options, click
Recreate SQL Objects, and then click
- Next to Series, click
- Next to Table, click
- Under Maintenance Options, click to select
the Recreate Selected Table check box, and then click to
select the Recreate data for selected table(s) check
- Click Perform Selected Maintenance.
- When you receive the following messages, click
Re-create the stored procedures for both glpBatchCleanup and glpBatchPost by using Database Maintenance. To do this, follow these steps:
- Make sure all users are logged off from Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Click the Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Dynamics GP, click the version of Microsoft Dynamics GP on which this problem occurs, and then click Database Management.
- Enter the Server Name for the Dynamics Server that you are using. For example, use the following:
- Click to select the DYNAMICS Database ID check box, and then click Next.
- Click to select the Microsoft Dynamics GP check box, and then click Next.
- Click to select the Functions check box, and then click Next.
Third-party products may be altering the stored procedures. Disable any third-party products from the Dynamics.set file, and test again. For more information about how to disable third-party products in the Dynamics.set file, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to disable third-party products or temporarily disable additional products in the Dynamics.set file in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Article ID: 896545 - Last Review: August 8, 2012 - Revision: 11.0
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010
- General Ledger, when used with:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
- Microsoft Business Solutions–Great Plains 8.0
|kberrmsg kbmbsmigrate kbprb KB896545||