This article discusses the features, benefits, and known issues that are associated with the Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPIv2.0). IMAPIv2.0 is included in Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0.
How to obtain Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0 package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Release Date: January 19, 2009
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Image Mastering API (IMAPI) is the optical burning engine in Windows products. This release of Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPI v2) adds support for Blu-ray media.
Given the continuing commoditization of Blu-ray device prices, OEM and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) are requesting support for Blu-ray devices. This release of IMAPI is in response to these requests.
IMAPI v2 enables ISVs to use only one set of APIs for optical burning. This set of APIs includes Blu-ray burning capabilities for the following Windows operating systems:
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
Key features include the following:
- The ability to do master style burning on "write once" Blu-ray media (BD-R) and on rewritable Blu-ray media (BD-RE)
- Support for the Universal Disk Format (UDF) 2.5 file system
This update reduces support costs that are caused by managing multiple incompatible burn engines that are installed on a single system.
Optical devices that do not correctly implement the optical device standard may not work after you install this update. This includes virtual devices.
Article ID: 952011 - Last Review: April 13, 2009 - Revision: 2.2
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 Standard without Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise without Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter without Hyper-V
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter x64 Edition
|atdownload kbsurveynew kbinfo KB952011|