Select a solution
- Retrieve files from the Windows.old folder - Microsoft Windows Help
Learn how to find your old files and move them to your new PC after upgrading to Windows 8.1.
- How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC - Microsoft Windows Help
Learn how to reset your PC to its original condition, or refresh it without deleting any of your personal files.
- Recycle Bin: Recover or remove files
Learn how to recover deleted files from the Recycle Bin, empty the Recycle Bin, and change Recycle Bin settings.
- How can I help protect my PC from viruses? - Microsoft Windows Help
Learn about Windows Firewall, Windows updates, antivirus programs, and other ways you can help prevent malicious software from being run on your PC.
- Get help with PC settings - Microsoft Windows Help
Learn more about the settings that are available in PC settings, including PC and devices, accounts, and Search and apps.