Can Microsoft reset the password of my Microsoft Account?
Please note that for security reasons we can only assist you with forgotten passwords or other sign-in issues with your Microsoft Account is online.
To reset your Microsoft Account, Online, kindly visit the following site and complete the required steps; http://account.live.com/password/reset
I can't sign in to my Outlook.com Email Account. I might have:
- Forgotten my password Or
- My account has been blocked or compromised
If you are unable to sign in, kindly try the following steps:
If you?re still unable to sign-in after clearing the cache and cookies, please try resetting your password;
- Clear your Internet Explorer cache and browser cookies. Visit the following link for steps;
If you have cleared cache, cookies and tried to reset your password and find that you are still unable to access your Emails Account, Microsoft recommends you complete and submit the following Account Validation form Online;https://account.live.com/acsr
If none of the self-help steps solves your problem, please seek Online support from the following communities:
- Kindly provide as much information as possible
- For questions with multiple-choices please pick more answers where applicable instead of a single answer
- Provide precise information because the more accurate the information is, the more likely users will pass account validation
- Please be reminded that these Online requirements are here to protect your privacy and account from being compromised
What should I do If I do not pass the Online Account Validation Process?
If you are not able to pass account validation requirements, you are encouraged to re-submit the Online validation form with more accurate information to assist with the validation process. Alternatively, we recommended that you create a new Microsoft Account.
- Microsoft treats your privacy and account security seriously and it is necessary for you satisfy the questions in the validation form accurately as Microsoft uses this to assess rightful ownership of a Microsoft Account.
- Microsoft is unable to provide access to the Microsoft Account if insufficient proof of ownership can be established.
How does the ?Call us Overprotective? initiative help me?
This initiative helps to protect your personal data. We're asking everyone with a Microsoft Account to ensure security information associated with their account is accurate and up-to-date.
When your security info (like an alternate email address or phone number) is current, it simplifies verification of your identity if there's ever a problem. Verifying your security info is not optional, we need to do this to keep your Microsoft Account secure.
For more information about Microsoft Account Security visit the following site; http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows-live/account-security-password-information
Can I switch back from Outlook.com to Hotmail?
There is no longer an option to switch back to Hotmail. Your Hotmail address and password, saved emails, contacts, calendars, and rules were automatically moved to your new Outlook.com inbox.
We think Outlook.com builds on the great tools in Hotmail, and we hope you?ll agree. You get all the features you loved in Hotmail, like Sweep and one-click Unsubscribe, along with new features like archiving and a refreshed design. Outlook.com helps you see and do more from your inbox quickly. The streamlined interface shows more messages at a glance, and the new toolbar helps you complete everyday email tasks with fewer clicks.