Questions & Answers for Windows 8
|Question ||Answer |
|How much would it cost to upgrade to Windows 8? || |
For limited time, Microsoft is offering Windows 8 Pro Upgrade license at a very affordable price;
- Qualifying Window 7 PCs purchased between 2nd June, 2012 and 31st January, 2013 would entitle you to Windows 8 Upgrade at USD14.99.
- If you currently have genuine license of Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 - Windows 8 Upgrade is available for USD39.99.
- Or, you can buy Windows 8 Upgrade for USD69.99 at participating retail stores.
|How do I get my hands on Windows 8? ||Buying Windows has never been easier. You now have the option to buy Windows 8 from windows.com, windowsupgradeoffer.com, or authorized Microsoft resellers. |
|Can I upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows 8? || |
- Yes, but you can't do this using Upgrade Assistant. If your PC has a 64-bit capable processor (CPU) but is currently running a 32-bit version of Windows, you can install a 64-bit version of Windows 8, but you'll need to buy Windows 8 as a DVD.
- You also won't be able to keep any files, settings, or apps when you upgrade from a 32-bit to a 64-bit version.
|Would I be able to run my current applications on Windows 8? ||In general, Windows 8 will work with applications which can run on Windows 7. You may also refer to Windows Compatibility Center at http://bit.ly/JHZyQQ for the list of compatible applications on Windows 8. |
|Would I have the option to install a prior Operating System instead of my Windows 8 copy? ||Windows 8 Pro OEM preinstalled by your computer manufacturer or bought under OEM System Builder license may be downgraded to Windows 7 Pro or Windows Vista Business. More information on this, please click here. |