The Windows for Workgroups (WFW) SDK contains additional files
that can be used with the Windows version 3.1 SDK for WFW development.
The WFW SDK includes the following components:
- WFW SDK API Help file
- Header (.H) files
- Library (.LIB) files
- Sample code
- WFW debug binaries
- WFW WDEB386.EXE files (WFW kernel mode debugger)
The WFW SDK is available on the Microsoft Developer's Network (MSDN)
Level 2 CD set, beginning with the April 1994 edition.
The WFW SDK provides headers, libraries, and help for APIs in the
following areas (which are new with WFW):
- WNet (connecting, browsing, sharing)
- MNet (multiple-network driver interface)
- Named pipes (asynchronous reads and writes)
- NetDDE (networked DDE)
- File Manager extensions
- Common controls
The following are the WFW SDK samples and what they do:
- MSLOT demonstrates the Mailslot APIs.
- NPCLNT16 demonstrates the asynchronous named pipe APIs.
- WFWAPI (in the NETAPI directory) demonstrates various WNet and MNet
- DDESHARE (in the NETDDE directory) demonstrates the NDde APIs. This is
the source code to the DDESHARE utility included with the WFW Resource
Article ID: 115764 - Last Review: November 6, 1999 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit 3.1
- Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit 3.11
|kb16bitonly kbapi kbinfo kbipc kbmailslot kbnetwork kbpipes kbwnet KB115764|Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.