Standard headers and footers, or header and footer paragraphs placed in an
envelope or label document, will not print or preview on the envelope or
This behavior is by design.
In Works 2.x for Windows, it is possible to have a header and footer in
your label or envelope document. This functionality no longer exists in
Works 3.0a, due to the change in the envelope and label interface.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open ADDRESS.WDB and a new Word Processor document in Works 3.0 or
- From the Tools menu in the Word Processor document, choose
Envelopes And Labels.
- Choose the Mailing Labels tab and insert a few fields from the
ADDRESS.WDB database in the Label box.
- Select any label size in the Label Style drop-down list.
- Choose Create Label.
- From the View menu, choose Headers And Footers.
- Enter some text into both the Header and Footer text boxes and
- From the File menu, choose Print Preview.
RESULT: The header and footer information does not appear in print
preview, nor will it print.
For more information about creating and printing envelopes and labels in
Works 3.0a, please refer to the references below:
- "Microsoft Works for Windows 3.0 Users Guide", pages 505-510,
"Printing mailing labels"
- "Microsoft Works for Windows 3.0 Users Guide", pages 511-515,
Article ID: 115765 - Last Review: September 24, 2003 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 3.0a
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.