The Microsoft Publisher Table tool has a Table Format option that includes
three table of contents designs. Using one of these formats makes creating
a table of contents quick and easy.
Steps to create a table of contents:
- Select the Table tool and draw a frame the size you want the table.
- Type in the number of rows plus 1 for the title.
- Skip the number of columns. The Table Format defaults to 2 columns.
- Select a table format for table of contents. There are three to choose
from; the Sample window displays a sample of each format.
- Click OK.
- Type in the title in the first cell at the top of the table.
- Press the TAB key to skip to the next cell. Continue to enter
information or descriptions in the first column and page numbers in the
You can change the format of the table of contents at any time by choosing
AutoFormat from the Table menu.
"Microsoft Publisher User's Guide," pages 207-231
For alternate methods of creating a table of contents, see the Publisher
3.0 Help Index under Tables of Contents.
Article ID: 124403 - Last Review: August 16, 2005 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Publisher 3.0 Standard Edition
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.