This article lists the tape backup units supported by the Windows 95
The Windows 95 Backup program supports the following tape backup units:
- QIC 40, QIC 80, and QIC 3010 tape drives made by the following
companies, and connected to the primary floppy disk controller:
Colorado Memory Systems (CMS)
Wangtek (only in "hardware phantom mode" or "Drive B sharing mode")
- CMS QIC 40, QIC 80, and QIC 3010 tape drives connected to a parallel
The following items are not compatible with Backup:
- Drives connected to a secondary floppy disk controller or to an
- Archive drives.
- Irwin AccuTrak tapes.
- Irwin drives.
- Mountain drives.
- QIC Wide tapes (Backup supports QIC Wide drives using QIC 80 tapes).
- QIC 3020 drives.
- SCSI tape drives.
- Summit drives.
- Tape drive controllers of any type.
- Travan drives.
Note that some floppy-controller-driven tape backup units require firmware
revisions to work properly with the Windows 95 Backup program.
For additional information about tape backup units supported by Backup,
view the "Tape drives that are compatible with Backup" online Help topic
in Backup (BACKUP.EXE) Help.
Article ID: 124730 - Last Review: November 15, 2006 - Revision: 1.1
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.