To use AT commands in HyperTerminal, follow these steps:
- Start HyperTerminal (Hypertrm.exe).
- Enter a name for the connection (for example, Test) in the Name
- Click an icon for the connection in the Icon box, and then click OK.
- In the Connect Using box, click Direct To Com X (where X is the port
your modem is connected to) and then click OK.
- Verify the settings on the Port Settings tab and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Properties. On the Settings tab, click
- Click the Send Line Ends With Line Feeds and Echo Typed Characters
Locally check boxes to select them.
- Click OK, and then click OK. You can now type AT commands.
- Quit HyperTerminal. When you are prompted "Save session <name>?"
click Yes if you want to save the session so that you can use AT
commands at another time.
Article ID: 124890 - Last Review: November 15, 2006 - Revision: 1.1
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.