When you use Xcopy to copy a folder, the source folder's attributes are
not applied to the new folder.
Xcopy does not have the ability to copy attributes for folders.
To work around this problem, use either of the following methods:
- Manually set the attributes for the new folder using Attrib.exe at
an MS-DOS prompt. For example, the following command sets a
folder's read-only attribute:
attrib +r <foldername>
- Manually set the attributes for the folder using Windows Explorer.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Use the right mouse button to click the new folder, then click
Properties on the menu that appears.
- Click the attributes you want to set.
- Click OK.
Use "xcopy /K" to indicate that file and folder attributes should be
propagated to the target files and folders.
NOTE: This method requires Microsoft Windows 95 OEM Service Release 2 (OSR2) or later.
Article ID: 133351 - Last Review: January 19, 2007 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition