Microsoft Works 4.0, 4.0a, and 4.5 for Windows 95 requires the following hardware and software:
- A personal computer with a 386DX or higher processor.
- Microsoft Windows 95 operating system, or Microsoft Windows NT
Workstation operating system version 3.51 or later (it will not run
on earlier versions of Windows).
- 6 MB of memory for Windows 95 (8MB recommended).
- 12 MB of memory to run Works with Windows NT Workstation.
- Hard disk with 5 MB to 25 MB of available space, depending on type
of installation (complete or custom install) for the diskette
version; the CD-ROM version requires 5 MB to 30 MB of available
- One 3.5" high-density (1.44MB) disk drive if using disk version; The
CD-ROM version requires a CD-ROM drive.
- VGA or higher resolution video adapter (SVGA 256-color
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.
The Works packaging incorrectly lists disk space requirements. The packaging was printed prior to the completion of the product, and thus the
disk space requirements on the packaging were estimates at the time of
Article ID: 135878 - Last Review: October 26, 2013 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Works 4.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.0 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB135878|