The information in this article explains how to install the multimedia
programs listed at the top of this article directly to your hard drive.
This lets you run the program without using the compact disc.NOTE
: Installing any Microsoft program as a network installation without a
multiple workstation license agreement is violation of the Microsoft
The procedure offers improved performance, but requires a large amount of
free hard drive space.
Program Required Drive Space
Bookshelf 1995 570 MB
Encarta 1995 645 MB
: You should only use this procedure on computers with large-capacity
hard drives in situations where fast performance is critical.
Installing The Compact Disc
To install the entire compact disk to your hard drive, do the following:
- Open the compact disc and double-click the Installer or Setup
icon. This places the program and system files onto your hard
- When the installation completes, locate the Data folder on
the compact disc and copy the following data folders to your hard drive.
Product Data Folders
Bookshelf 1995 Books
Encarta 1995 Encarta Files
- Drag these folders directly to your hard drive. The copy process takes
some time. These folders must remain directly on the hard drive; they
cannot be placed within other folders.
- Rename your hard drive. Name the hard drive using the exact
same name as the program compact disc.
The multimedia program now runs on your computer without requiring the
Article ID: 139392 - Last Review: January 19, 2007 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Bookshelf 95 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Encarta Encylopedia 1994 Edition
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 95 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 96 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 97 for Macintosh
|kbhardware kbhowto kbhowto kbinfo kbmm kbsetup kbusage KB139392|Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.