This article describes how you can programmatically add images to the
ImageList ActiveX control.
An ImageList control contains a collection of ListImage objects, each of
which can be referred to by its index or key. The ImageList ActiveX control
acts as a central image repository to conveniently supply other controls
In order to add an image at run time, you need to use the Add Method of the
The Add method syntax has these parts:
Object.Add([Index,| Key,] Picture)
- Index - Optional. An integer specifying the position where you want to
insert the ListImage. If no index is specified, the ListImage is added
to the end of the ListImages collection.
- Key - Optional. A unique string that identifies the ListImage object.
Use this value to retrieve a specific ListImage object. An error occurs
if the key is not unique.
- Picture - Required. Specifies the picture to be added to the ImageList
The steps below demonstrate how to create an example of one of these
- Create a form.
- Add an ImageList ActiveX control to the form and change the ImageList
ActiveX control name to ImageList1.
- Add a SSTab ActiveX control and change the SSTab control name to SSTab1.
By default, SSTab always has three pages. If using Visual FoxPro 5.0a,
the SSTab control has been renamed to Microsoft Tabbed Dialog Control,
version 5.0. Other development tools, such as Visual Basic, may have
replaced the SSTab control with the Microsoft Tabbed Dialog Control even
if the Visual FoxPro version is 5.0 (not 5.0a).
- Add a Command button and change the Caption of the command button to
- In the INIT method of the form, put in the following code:
- In the CLICK method of the Command button, put in the following code:
FOR i = 0 TO 2
Thisform.SSTab1.Object.Tab = i
Thisform.SSTab1.Object.Picture = ;
Thisform.SSTab1.Object.Tab = 0
- Save and run the form. Click the "Click Me" button, and the images will
display in the SSTab ActiveX control.
NOTE: Due to the Add method requiring an object reference for the image
file, you need to use the LoadPicture function to return the object
reference instead of directly using the image file.
You are not limited to any particular image size; however, the total number
of images that can be loaded into ImageList ActiveX control is limited by
the amount of available memory.
At design time, you can add images using the Image tab of the ImageList
Control Properties dialog box. To access this, right-click (secondary) on
the ImageList control and select ImageListCtrl Properties from the shortcut
menu. Omit step 5 above to have images added in this manner show on the
tabs when the Command button is clicked.
The code in step 6 above could be placed in the Init method of the form to
have the SSTab control show the images when the form is loaded.
Custom Control Reference (Ctrlref.hlp in the Windows\System or
WinNT\System32 folder if using Visual FoxPro version 5.0)
Windows Common Controls help file (Comctl1.hlp in the Windows\System or
WinNT\System32 folder if using version 5.0a).
To access the Help file, right-click on the ImageList control on the form
and select Help from the shortcut menu. In the ImageList Control topic,
click See Also to jump to the ListImage Object, ListImages Collection
topic. Select the Add Method (ListImages Collection) from the Methods jump.
Article ID: 166937 - Last Review: July 1, 2004 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
|kbhowto kbinterop KB166937|