This article describes how to install the Microsoft FrontPage Server
Extensions to the Microsoft Personal Web Server on a computer running
Windows 95. This article assumes that both FrontPage and the Personal Web
Server have been installed successfully.
To install the FrontPage Server Extensions, follow these steps:
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the FrontPage Server Administrator
icon. By default, this file is located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft
FrontPage folder. If you do not see the FrontPage Server Administrator
icon, double-click the Fpsrvwin.exe file. In FrontPage 97 this file is
located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft FrontPage\bin folder.
- Click Install.
- From the Server Type list, select "Microsoft Personal Web Server."
Note that this will succeed only if you have the Microsoft Personal Web
Server installed locally.
- Click OK.
- In the Confirmation dialog box, verify that the settings are
correct. The default settings are:
Server Type: Microsoft Personal Web Server
If these settings are correct, click OK.
Server Port: 80
Document Root: C:\Webshare\wwwroot
- When you are asked to enter an account name, type the name you
want. For example, type your first name. Click OK.
NOTE: The account name should not contain any spaces.
- Click Yes.
- Close the Server Administrator.
Article ID: 167931 - Last Review: October 1, 2001 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft FrontPage 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 95
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.