The following information is a procedure that will empty the drop down
path history from the Map Network Drive dialog box.
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide
problems that may require you to reinstall Windows NT to correct them.
Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of
Registry Editor can be solved. Use this tool at your own risk.
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe), and find the following entries:
- Observe the computer and share names that are preceded by a letter of
the alphabet. This is the actual list of shares that appear in the drop
down box. The value named order indicates the sorting order of the
Name of the value: a Path: \\<Computer1>\<Share1>
The a, b, and c entries are the actual paths listed by the drop down
arrow. The Order entry specifies the order in which the a, b, and c
etc. entries are listed. To clear the list, delete the a, b, and c etc.
and the Order entries, or delete the entire Persistent Connections key.
The list could be modified at this point as well, by modifying the
Order or a, b, and c etc. values.
Name of the value: b Path: \\<Computer2\<Share2>
Name of the value: c Path: \\<Computer3>\<Share3>
Order = cba
SaveConnections = Yes
Article ID: 168148 - Last Review: November 1, 2006 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
|kbhowto kbnetwork kbui KB168148|