Microsoft Office 97 Small Business Edition for Windows (SBE) includes a
collection of offers for 60 days of free World Wide Web site hosting. This
article explains how to find information concerning these offers on
Microsoft's Web site.
Microsoft Corporation has formed agreements with several Internet Service
Providers (ISPs) in both the United States and Canada. If you are a
licensed user of the Microsoft Office 97 Small Business Edition, you are
eligible to receive 60 days of free site hosting from one of these ISPs.
To find information concerning this offer, make sure that you are connected
to the Internet, either through an online service, an ISP, or through your
company's connection to the Internet. Then, perform the following steps:
- Insert the Microsoft Office 97 Small Business Edition compact disc (disc
1) into your computer's CD-ROM drive.
- On the Microsoft Office 97 Small Business Edition screen, click the
NOTE: If the screen does not appear, double-click Autorun.exe in the
root directory of the compact disc. Then, click the ValuPack button.
- On the "Welcome to the Microsoft Office 97 Small Business Edition
ValuPack" screen, click "Doing Business on the Internet." (This appears
at the end of the third paragraph of text.)
- When "Doing Business on the Internet" Web page appears, click the
Get Connected link at the upper-left corner of the window.
- Click "So, Now What do I do?"
- Click the "special offers from ISPs" link on the right-hand
side of the window. (This link appears in the "How do I find an ISP?"
NOTE: If you receive an error message when you click this link, try
again. The Web page you are about to view is often very busy.
The "FREE Web Site Hosting Offers!" Web page will appear. You can click the
link for an ISP to view information about that ISP and the services they
Article ID: 168954 - Last Review: November 1, 2013 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office 97 Small Business Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbinfo KB168954|