This article describes two ways to manage history information:
- How to clear history items
- How to prevent history creation
How to Clear History Items
To clear history items, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Open History.
- On the Edit menu, click Select All.
- Drag the item(s) to the Trash.
- Close the History window.
Note that history is stored in the following file, which you can move or
How to Prevent History Creation
To prevent history creation, follow these steps:
- On the Edit menu, click Preferences.
- Under Web Browser, click Advanced.
- In the "Remember the last <nnn> places visited" box, type 0 (zero).
The default value is 500. Setting the value to 0 clears the existing
history and prevents additional history from being created.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 173698 - Last Review: May 29, 2007 - Revision: 4.2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 for Macintosh
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.