When running Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5, you may want to view
the amount of space used by Item Retention. This article explains how to
When running the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program, you can view the
amount of space being used by Item Retention by doing the following:
Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
- View the Private Information Store properties for the server name you are administrating.
- After the properties are displayed, click the Mailbox Resources property page.
- Click View Columns.
- Choose to show the Deleted Items K column. Click OK.
- Now, when you view the Mailbox Resources tab, you can see the Deleted Items K column.
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
- Open Exchange System Manager.
- Click the server, click the Mailbox Store, right click the Mailboxes object, and then click View.
- Click Choose Columns, highlight Deleted Items (KB), click Add to move Deleted Items (KB) from Hidden columns: to Displayed items:, and then click OK.
- Click the View tab, and the click the Columns tab.
- Select Deleted Items (KB).
- Click the Add button.
There will now be a column for each mailbox with the size in KB for deleted item.
Exchange Server 5.5 and Exchange 2000
You can also see the total amount of space being used by Item Retention for the entire database using Performance Monitor:
- Start Performance Monitor.
- Select Edit, Add to chart.
- Select MSExchangeIS Private as the Object.
- Select Total Count and/or Size of Recoverable Items.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 181448 - Last Review: October 7, 2013 - Revision: 4.3
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbusage KB181448|