After loading the HP LaserJet 4000 TN PCL 5e driver as either the default
printer driver in Windows 95 or as the default printer driver in Visual
FoxPro, the following error may occur when you try printing several large
This program performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown.
When you press the Details button, the following message appears:
VFP caused a general protection fault in module KRNL386.EXE at
This error does not seem to occur when you run Visual FoxPro on Windows NT
4.0 using the Windows NT version of the HP LaserJet 4000 TN PCL 5e driver.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Install the Windows 95 HP LaserJet 4000 TN PCL 5e printer driver on a
computer that is running Windows 95.
- Set the LaserJet 4000 TN PCL 5e as the default printer for Windows. The
driver can be directed to a file if you do not have an HP LaserJet 4000
- Create a quick report called Ztest using the Orditems table located in
the \Sample\Data folder. The report should use the LaserJet 4000 TN PCL
5e driver as the default.
- Place the following code in a program and run the program. The code
prints the Ztest report to a text file 1000 times.
FOR i= 1 to 1000
REPORT FORM ZTEST NOCONSOLE TO FILE Ztest.txt
DELETE FILE Ztest.txt
Depending on the speed of the computer, this error may take quite some time
Article ID: 182137 - Last Review: February 16, 2005 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition