This article describes the hardware requirements for Microsoft WebTV for
One of the main requirements for Web TV for Windows is an ATI All-in-Wonder
or ATI All-in-Wonder Pro display adapter. In the future, third-party
manufacturers may provide drivers for other display adapters that provide
TV tuner capabilities.
The minimum hardware requirements to use Web TV for Windows are:
- Intel Pentium or compatible 120 megahertz (MHz) processor
- 16 megabytes (MB) RAM
- 1 gigabyte (GB) hard disk
- ATI All-in-Wonder or ATI All-in-Wonder Pro display adapter
- Cable or antenna connection
- SVGA display capable of at least 800 X 600 resolution with 60 hertz
(Hz) non-interlaced refresh rate
- Internet connection for full interactive functionality
- Pointing device with two buttons
The recommended minimum hardware requirements to use Web TV for Windows are:
- Intel Pentium or compatible 200 MHz processor
- 32 MB RAM
- 2 GB or larger hard disk with fast data transfer rate.
- 28,800 bps or faster internal fax modem
- Wireless battery-operated keyboard with built-in pointing device.
- Wireless TV-style remote control.
- Sound system expansion card with digital audio support, a MIDI port, a
MIDI-controlled wavetable synthesizer, multiple analog and digital
audio inputs, software-controllable low-noise audio mixer/preamplifier,
and multiple-audio outputs.
- A built-in microphone or a front-mounted microphone jack suitable for
teleconferencing, education, karaoke, and other programs that may
require sound input.
For additional information about Microsoft Web TV for Windows, see the
following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
TITLE : How to Install Microsoft Web TV for Windows
Article ID: 182753 - Last Review: January 11, 2015 - Revision: 2.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhardware kbinfo KB182753|