This article describes how to install and uninstall the
TweakUI tool in Windows 98.
Note that Microsoft Windows 98 Second
Edition and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me) do not include TweakUI.
For additional information about this issue, click the
article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
TweakUI Not on Windows 98 Second Edition or Windows Me CD-ROMs
For information about a version of TweakUI that
works with other versions of Windows, see the "TweakUI for Other Versions of
Windows" section of this article.
: Microsoft Product Support Services does not support the
installation or usage of the TweakUI program.
To install TweakUI in Windows 98:
- Insert the Windows 98 CD-ROM (not the Windows 98 Second
Edition CD-ROM) into the CD-ROM drive. You must use the Windows 98
- If you receive a notification that the CD-ROM is from an
earlier version of Windows and that the Setup feature will be disabled, click OK.
- Click Browse This CD on the Windows 98 CD-ROM menu.
- Double-click to open the Tools, Reskit, and Powertoy folders.
- Right-click the Tweakui.inf file, and then click Install.
To use the TweakUI tool after you install it, click Start
, point to Settings
, click Control Panel
, and then double-click TweakUI
To uninstall the TweakUI tool:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the Install/Uninstall tab, click TweakUI, and then click Add/Remove.
- Follow the instructions to uninstall the TweakUI
: Uninstalling TweakUI does not reverse any changes made by
Article ID: 190643 - Last Review: June 22, 2014 - Revision: 3.0