When you attempt to start the Equalizer Control program from the Adjust
The Master Volume section of the Microsoft Digital Sound System 80 Help
file, the Equalizer Control program may not start.
This behavior can occur if the Mssndsys.chm file is not located in the
same folder as the Digital Sound System 80 software.
To resolve this issue, move the Mssndsys.chm file into the Digital Sound
System 80 folder. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
- In the Named box, type "mssndsys.chm" (without quotation marks),
and then click Find Now.
- In the list of found files, right-click the Mssndsys.chm file, and
then click Cut.
- Close the Find: Files Named Mssndsys.chm window.
- Open the Digital Sound System 80 folder on the hard disk. The default
path to this folder is
<drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Microsoft Digital Sound
where <drive> is the hard disk on which Windows is installed.
- Right-click inside the Microsoft Digital Sound System 80 folder, and
then click Paste.
The Mssndsys.chm file is the Help file for the Microsoft Digital Sound
System 80 software.
Article ID: 191631 - Last Review: October 14, 1999 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Digital Sound System 80 1.0 Standard Edition
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.