Microsoft Outlook cannot directly import information from the Corel
Address Book. However, Corel WordPerfect Suite 8 is able to export the
address book with a header in an ANSI text Format and an extension of .abx.
This file can then be imported into your Outlook contacts.
To Export Address Book Information from Corel Suite 8
- Click Tools > Address Book.
- Click a tab to display an address book.
- If you want to export only selected records, press CTRL while clicking
the items you want to export.
- Click Book > Export.
- If any items have been selected, click either Entire Address Book or
Selected Items. (One item is selected by default when opening the
- Specify a file location and name, then click OK. NOTE: Groups are not
To Import the Address Book Into Outlook
- In Outlook, on the File menu, click Import And Export.
- Click to select "Import from another program or file" and click Next.
- Click to select "Comma separated values (Windows)" and click Next.
- Type the path and name or browse to the .abx file saved above and click Next.
Note: If you browse to the .abx file, the browse dialog only shows .csv files. You must type the filename in the File Name box and then click OK to open the file.
- Select the Contacts folder into which you wish to import the address book.
- Click to select the 'Import "<name>.abx" into the "<name>" folder' checkbox, and then click Map Custom Fields.
- In the list in the From window, click to select each address book field name you wish to import and drag it to its corresponding field in the To window.
- When all fields are mapped from the address book to their
appropriate Outlook fields, click OK and Finish.
Corel WordPerfect Suite 8 is manufactured by Corel Corporation, a vendor
independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Article ID: 196093 - Last Review: October 26, 2013 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexport kbhowto kbimport kbmigrate KB196093|