One of the following occurs:
- An ATL control appears much bigger than the specified width
and height in a control container.
- When you print a Web page in Internet Explorer that
contains an ATL control, additional pages are printed because the control is
perceived to be bigger than it actually is.
By default, ATL control projects have two entries in the
Property Map that allow the control's display size to be persisted. These
- PROP_DATA_ENTRY("_cx", m_sizeExtent.cx, VT_UI4)
- PROP_DATA_ENTRY("_cy", m_sizeExtent.cy, VT_UI4)
If the control supports IPersistPropertyBagWhen,
AtlIPersistPropertyBag_Load() is called when the control's properties are read
in. In this function, IPropertyBag::Read() is called, but the VARIANT passed in
is not initialized. Because the "vt" member of the VARIANT is set to VT_EMPTY
instead of VT_UI4, in the case of "_cx" and "_cy" they are read in as some
other type, which results in incorrect values.
Modify AtlIPersistPropertyBag_Load() in ATLCOM.H so that it
initializes the "vt" member of the VARIANT before calling IPropertyBag::Read():
ATLINLINE ATLAPI AtlIPersistPropertyBag_Load(LPPROPERTYBAG pPropBag,
LPERRORLOG pErrorLog, ATL_PROPMAP_ENTRY* pMap, void* pThis,
const IID* piidOld = NULL;
for (int i = 0; pMap[i].pclsidPropPage != NULL; i++)
if (pMap[i].szDesc == NULL)
var.vt = pMap[i].vt; // This line needs to be added.
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
at the beginning of this article.
bug was corrected in Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3.
For more information about Visual Studio service packs,
please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge
INFO: Visual Studio 6.0
Service Packs, What, Where, Why194295
HOWTO: Tell That Visual Studio 6.0 Service
Packs Are Installed
Article ID: 198019 - Last Review: February 21, 2014 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft ActiveX Template Library 3.0, when used with:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++, 32-bit Learning Edition 6.0
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kbctrlcreate kbvs600sp3fix KB198019|