Article ID: 2005234 - View products that this article applies to.
The "C:\Program Files\Microsoft" folder opens automatically when the user logs into Windows.
The registry entries for the Microsoft Works Portfolio manager and Works update detection may be lacking quote marks which cause Windows to only read part of the path for these programs on startup.
Follow these steps to correct this problem.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Locate the following registry key.
3. Locate subkey(s) labeled "Microsoft Works Portfolio" and/or "WorksFUD". Open each subkey by double-clicking it.
4. Add quotes around the program path in each subkey. For example:
Change the entry for "Microsoft Works Portfolio" from this:
And change the entry for "WorksFUD" from this:
5. Click OK and close the Registry Editor
6. Restart Windows
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Article ID: 2005234 - Last Review: February 24, 2010 - Revision: 2.0
Contact us for more help