Article ID: 2028517
When you attempt to create a template in Microsoft Access 2010 you receive the error:
"Template <TemplateName> could not be instantiated.
An unexpected error occurred when opening the template".
If Microsoft Access 2010 stand alone and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus are on the same machine:
Open the Control Panel. Select Programs and Features (Vista or Windows 7) or Add Remove Programs (Windows XP).
If you see both Microsoft Office 2010 Professional and Microsoft Access 2010, uninstall the stand-alone installation of Microsoft Access 2010.
Add Access from the Office 2010 Professional Plus or Enterprise 2010 installation.
See the More Information section for how to modify an installation for multiple machines.
If the ACCDT Files are missing, do the following:
1. Open the Control Panel. Select Programs and Features (Vista or Windows 7) or Add Remove Programs (Windows XP).
2. Select Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 and click Change
3. Select Add or Remove Features and click Continue
4. Click the plus sign next to Microsoft Access to expand the features
5. Click the dropdown next to Access Templates and select Not Available.
6. Click Continue.
7. Finish setup
8. Repeat steps 1-4
9. Click the dropdown next to Access Templates and select Run from My Computer
10. Click Continue and finish setup.
In an enterprise where Microsoft Office 2010 is installed for a large number of users, you can use the Microsoft Office Customization tool to create an .msp file to add Microsoft Access 2010 to the existing Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 installation. With an .msp file you can update the existing installation so that any product you had originally set to "Not Available" will be installed.
Refer to the following articles:
Additional known problems caused by installing Access 2010 stand-alone with Office 2010 Professional Plus
In these cases, uninstalling Microsoft Access stand-alone and setting Access to "Run from my computer" in Office 2010 Professional Plus resolves the problems.
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.