This article describes how to publish a FrontPage 2000 Web from a remote server to your local computer.NOTE
: To use this article, the remote server must have the FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions installed and running properly.
Publish a Web From a Remote Server to Your Local Computer
- Connect to the Internet.
- Start FrontPage.
- On the File menu, click Open Web.
- In the Folder Name box, type the server name or IP address of the remote site, and then click Open.
For example, type the following:
- or -
- On the File menu, click Publish Web.
- In the Publish FrontPage Web dialog box, type the location to which you are publishing.
If you do not have a Web server or you just want to publish to a folder on your computer, type the following:
where <MyWeb> is the name of the folder you want to publish to.
If you have a personal Web server and want to use it, you can type the following:
where <new webname> is the name of folder you want to publish to.
- Click Publish.
- Click Done.
For more information about publishing webs, click Microsoft FrontPage Help
on the Help
menu, type Publish FrontPage Web Command
in the Answer Wizard, and then click Search
to view the topic.
Article ID: 205729 - Last Review: September 27, 2004 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
|kbhowtomaster kbwebserver kbwebpublishing KB205729|