Microsoft Jet Replication does not have a property that specifies whether a
replica is the Design Master of a replica set. However, this article
demonstrates how you can use Visual Basic for Applications to determine if
a database is the Design Master.
To determine if a database is the Design Master, follow these steps:
- Create a module, and then type the following line in the Declarations section if it is not already there:
- On the Tools menu, click References.
- Add the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library.
- Type the following procedure:
' This function determines if the current database is
' the Design Master and returns True if the current
' database is the Design Master and returns False if
' the current database is not the Design Master. The
' function returns Null if the database is not a
' replicable database.
Dim db As DAO.Database
Set db = CurrentDb()
If db.DesignMasterID = db.ReplicaID Then
If db.ReplicaID = "" Then ' Check to see if db is replicable.
IsDesignMaster = Null
IsDesignMaster = True
IsDesignMaster = False
- To test this function, type the following line in the Immediate window, and then press ENTER:
Note that either Null, True, or False is returned.
Article ID: 210224 - Last Review: June 24, 2004 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition