When you add a second series to an XY (scatter) chart, the new values are
added with respect to the same x-axis values as the first series. This
step-by-step article explains how to add a second series to an XY (scatter) chart that uses a second set of x values.
Add Second Series to Chart
To add a second series to an XY (scatter) chart with a different set of x
values, follow these steps:
- Type the following data into a worksheet:
A1: 1 B1: 5 C1: -1 D1: -5
A2: 2 B2: 6 C2: -2 D2: -6
A3: 3 B3: 4 C3: -3 D3: -8
A4: 4 B4: 2 C4: -4 D4: -5
A5: 5 B5: 5 C5: -5 D5: -1
- Select the range A1:B5. On the standard toolbar, click the Chart Wizard tool.
- On the list of chart types, click XY (Scatter). Click one of the line charts under Chart sub-type, and then click Next.
- Click the Series tab, and then click Add. In the X Values box, type =Sheet1!$C$1:$C$5; in the Y Values box, type =Sheet1!$D$1:$D$5. Click Finish.
- On the chart, click a plotted item, and then click Format Data Series. Click the Axis tab, click Secondary axis, and then click OK.
For more information about how to add a new series, click Microsoft Excel Help
on the Help
menu, type add series lines to charts
in the Office Assistant or the Answer Wizard, and then click Search
to view the topic.
Article ID: 214292 - Last Review: November 5, 2003 - Revision: 4.1
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
|kbchart kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB214292|