Consider the following scenario:
- You run Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Microsoft Outlook 2013 in Online mode. In this configuration, the Status bar in Outlook shows Online with Microsoft Exchange.
- Your Outlook mailbox is located on a server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 or Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.
- Your Exchange mailbox is configured to use an Online Archive mailbox.
- You specify a folder in your Online Archive mailbox when you use the Always Move Messages in This Conversation option.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
Conversations cannot be automatically moved outside the Exchange store unless Outlook is in Cached Exchange Mode.
To resolve this issue, configure Outlook to use Cached Exchange mode. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the File tab, click Info, click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings.
- On the E-mail tab, choose your Exchange account, and then click Change.
- Click to select the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box, and then click Next.
- Click OK to the following message:
- Click Finish.
- Exit and then restart Outlook.
If you cannot use Cached Exchange mode, specify a folder in your Exchange mailbox.
To move messages that are related to a specific conversation, right-click a message, point to Move
, and then click Always Move Messages in This Conversation
. In the Always Move Conversation
dialog box, choose the folder to which you want to move the conversation, and then click OK
Article ID: 2252358 - Last Review: April 4, 2013 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
|kbexpertiseinter kbprb kbtshoot KB2252358|