Select the product you need help with
- Internet Explorer
- Windows Phone
- More products
Acc2010 - Microsoft Access 2010 Package Solution Wizard is not available
Article ID: 2258625 - View products that this article applies to.
You would like to package your Microsoft Access 2010 database using the Microsoft Access Package Solution Wizard but are unable to locate the Package Solution Wizard.
The Microsoft Access 2010 Package Solution Wizard add-in is included with the Microsoft Access 2010 installation but is not installed by default.
Change the Microsoft Access 2010 installation to add the Package Wizard feature. To do so:
1. Select Start, select Control Panel, and select Programs and Features. (On Windows XP, select Start, Control Panel and click Add or Remove Programs.)
2. Select the Microsoft Access 2010 or Microsoft Office 2010 installation and choose Change
3. Select Add or Remove Features and click Continue
4. Expand the Microsoft Access group and expand Add-ins
5. Click on Package Wizard, select "Run from my computer" and click Continue
After Microsoft Access 2010/Microsoft Office 2010 configures, you can start the wizard by following these steps:
1. Open the database you wish to package.
2. Click the File tab
3. Select Save & Publish
4. Click on Package Solution in the Package and Distribute section.
If the Package Wizard Add-in feature is installed but the option still does not appear, check if the add-in is marked as an active add-in:
1. Open Microsoft Access 2010.
Note that on computers with User Account Control enabled, you must open Microsoft Access with administrative permissions to modify the Add-ins.
To do so:
2. Open the Add-ins dialog within Access Options (File > Options > Add-ins)
3. Make sure that COM Add-ins is selected in the Manage combo box at the bottom of the dialog and click Go..
4. Choose the Microsoft Access Package Solution Wizard 2010 Com Addin and click Ok
Both the Package Wizard and the Template Save As Template are integrated in Microsoft Access 2010 and do not need to be downloaded. The Save As Template Wizard is installed by default and is found in by clicking File -> Save & Publish -> Save Database As -> Template
The Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime is available as a download. For more information, see Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime
The Microsoft Access 2010 Source Code Control is also available as a download. For more information, see Microsoft Access 2010 Source Code Control
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.