Article ID: 2266600 - View products that this article applies to.
When you use the Refresh Server option to refresh a Publishing Server from the Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Client MMC snap-in, you may receive the following error message:
The Application Virtualization Client could not update publishing information from the server server name.
The server could not authorize you to access the requested data. Please report the following error code to your System Administrator.
Error Code: xxxxxxx-xxxxxx04-00000917
This issue can occur if the user is not a member of a user group that is specified under Group Assignment in the Provider Policy on the App-V Management Server.
To resolve this issue, verify that you are a member of a user group that is associated with the provider policy. To do this, follow these steps:
1. On the App-V Management Server, click Start, Administrative Tools, and then click Application Virtualization Management Console.
2. In the navigation pane, expand the server name object, and then click Provider Policies.
3. In the details pane, double-click the required policy. For example, double-click Default Provider.
4. Click the Group Assignment tab.
5. Verify that you are a member of one of the user groups that is listed or add a user group that’s missing.
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500)for other considerations.
Article ID: 2266600 - Last Review: June 29, 2010 - Revision: 1.0
Contact us for more help