This article describes how to delete duplicate items after you import items into Outlook.
When you import items into Outlook and you choose to not import duplicates, there is no option to remove duplicate items after you import items.
To delete duplicate items:
- On the View menu, point to Current View, and then click to change the folder view to a table-type view. For example, use the following view and field combinations.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
- Right-click a column heading, and then click Field Chooser.
- In the Field Chooser dialog box, click All item name fields in the drop-down box, where item name is the type of item that is related to the folder that you selected (for example, click All Mail fields if you are in your Inbox folder, or click All Note fields if you are in your Notes folder).
- Drag the Modified field to the table heading.
- Verify that the duplicate items have a unique date from the original set of items. If the name is unique, click the Modified heading so that the items are sorted by this field.
- Click the first item that you want to delete, scroll to the last item that you want to delete, hold down the SHIFT key, and then click the last item.
- Press DELETE to permanently delete all of the items that you selected.
Article ID: 230565 - Last Review: August 6, 2002 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.