This article describes how to "rollback" to FrontPage 98 Server Extensions when you have installed the FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions.
Note: Reinstalling the FrontPage 98 Server Extensions will remove all unique permissions.
To remove the FrontPage Server or Office Server Extensions, perform the following steps.
First, unextend your servers by doing the following:
- Click Start and point to Programs.
- Point to Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack.
- Point to Microsoft Internet Information Server and click Internet Service Manager.
- Right-click each virtual server and click Remove Server Extensions. Leave the check box selected to preserve metadata (this will save your subweb configuration).
Note: Any nested subwebs will be merged into their parent and will be regular folders. No content will be lost; however, any theme, navigation structure, and shared borders for the nested subwebs will not be automatically included in the parent Web. Nested subwebs are a new feature of the FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions, and are not supported on the FrontPage 98 Server Extensions.
- When you have uninstalled from every virtual server, click Add\Remove snap-in on the Console menu.
- Remove Microsoft Server Extensions from the Standalone tab and uncheck FrontPage Server Extensions from the Extensions tab.
- Click OK, close the MMC, and save changes.
Now, uninstall the extensions by performing the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight Office Server Extensions or FrontPage 2000 Extensions.
- Click Add/Remove.
At this point, you can reinstall the FrontPage 98 Server Extensions. The executable for the FrontPage 98 Server Administrator has been renamed to Fp98swin.exe.
- In Windows NT Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\Microsoft FrontPage\version3.0\bin and double-click Fp98swin.exe
- Click the Install button and follow the steps to reinstall the extensions.
- You should now be able to open the Webs in FrontPage 98. By clicking Web Settings on the Tools menu; you will see the version is 3.0.2.x (1706), which is the last revision of FrontPage 98 extensions.
For additional information, click the article number below
to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Uninstall Server Extensions
Article ID: 232627 - Last Review: February 28, 2014 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB232627|