For customers who installed GroupBoard Workspace 2007 on SharePoint 2007, when SharePoint is upgraded to SharePoint 2010, the GroupBoard site will automatically have the “Group Work” site template applied.
This means the "Group Work" site is the new version for the GroupBoard Workspace. However we have some feature difference as below:Information for both upgraded site and new Work Group site
Group Work site does not support all GroupBoard feature, some features will be dropped.Features that “Group Work” site does not support.
Information for upgraded site
- On Group Work site, selected users in Group Schedule will be removed when the page is reopened or reloaded (The selected users were reserved in GroupBoard Workspace.)
- Hieratical organization chart and Organization picker. After upgrade all groups become flat structure but still can be selected from people picker
- Show Holiday with different color in Calendar view
- Time Card list has been dropped for new site
- GroupBoard WorkSpace Setting on site settings page has been removed. "Resources" and "Manage Resources" have been redesigned as "Resources" List. Other settings have been removed.
- After upgrade the "What's New Web Part" needs to be connected to the lists that customers want to show new items from. Please open web part property to do this
- Resource Group list will be removed. All the existing items in the Resource Group list will be migrated to Resource list as Resource Group Content Type
- Exising Time Card is still supported but you cannot create any new Time Card list
- Theme will not be migrated. SharePoint default theme will be automatically applied for upgraded site
for other considerations.
Article ID: 2340073 - Last Review: September 7, 2010 - Revision: 5.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0